Following the government advice to allow the opening of pubs and restaurants, we have taken the decision to open the cricket club on Saturday, the 4th July, from 4pm and Sunday the 5th July, from 2pm on a trial basis. If this is successful, we will continue to open the club each week on Friday (from 8pm), Saturday (from 4pm) and Sunday (from 2pm) until further notice.
The club will be open to members only. The committee have decided that memberships will be £10 across the board for this year (until March 31st 2021). This can be paid on entrance and will be needed to gain access to the club (membership forms will be on hand to complete and membership cards will be supplied). No one will be allowed access without a membership card.
According to the guidance supplied by the government the following rules will be adhered to:
- To allow Track and Trace information, you will be asked for your name, address and contact details.
- To enter the members bar, you must use the main entrance to the building, to exit, you must use the fire door exit.
- No one other than bar staff will be allowed within 2 meters of the bar, and table orders will be taken.
- Social distancing rules will apply and tables and chairs will be setup accordingly.
- Sanitizer will be available to use.
- Only drinks purchased from the club can be consumed on the premises.
- Draft beers and soft drinks will be served in plastic cups that can be disposed of in the bins provided.
- Bar purchases will be card only.
- Where possible drinks should be consumed outside where social distancing is easier. We may have to restrict the number of people inside the club building
- Toilet facilities will be available but only one person allowed in at any one time.
- No music will be played to avoid people moving closer to hear conversations!
We ask that you please follow these rules to keep people safe as much as possible and will allow everybody to come down and enjoy a drink and a chat in probably the biggest beer garden in the country!
The committee will continue to monitor the situation and heed any advice given by the government. Clearly this may mean keeping the club closed for a longer period. We will keep you informed via the website, email, Twitter and Facebook.
As a result, the Annual General Meeting, normally held in April, will be postponed and re-arranged as soon as we know when the club can be re-opened. Similarly, membership renewals, due in April, will be reassessed when we return.
Thank you for your continued support of the club. We hope to see you all again soon. Please stay safe and look after each other!