Our biggest concern going into this game is whether we are physically up to it against a team made up predominantly of U18 players not our ability to play football the right way . There is also a distinct lack of talking amongst the team whilst on the pitch .
The lads started superbly with Josh between the sticks and the returning Morgan up front . We have to get a win under our belts and the decision turned out right with Morgan superb in the first half getting to the ball first , holding the ball up well until midfield runners supported him . It is a joy to watch him in this vein of form .
We retained the ball well and Chaddy were not able to combat our one touch football and sure enough Unsworth took the lead with Dev finding Jack who played the ball into the box for Luke to run onto and head easily into the goal .
Our lead did not last long with the ball being taken easily in a dangerous position rather than our lines being cleared and without a specialist keeper in nets and not cutting down the angles their attacker scored easily to make it an undeserved 1-1 at half time .
We must learn when to defend in the right places and cut out the mistakes leading to opposition goals and also concentrate as a team on our defensive duties from front to back . This was the half time team talk but to continue playing as they were as class should outshine physicality .
An early Quinn corner found Rob and Joel at the back post but the woodwork saved the opposition but this cannot be said for our next goal when Quinn found Dev whose delightful curling cross found Lewis in the six yard box to get the perfect touch with the outside of the boot to beat the keeper .
A great save from Ben and a fine Dev effort almost increased the scoring for both sides but K then found the ball in the box , knocked it over his head to Joe who expertly with his super feet knocked the ball in the air left foot to right foot and hit the ball on the volley to make it 3-1 and this is where it should be game over .
That is not the case with us at the moment though with Lewis and K ending up as wingers rather than tucking in and making our 5 man midfield difficult to get past and sure enough they scored again as we switched off to make it 3-2 .
In the final minutes we had a penalty but the keeper pulled off a super save down to his right and low in the corner to save from Oisin who had an absolutely superb first half .